Amazing Microwaved Desserts: Turkish Delight

June 16, 2015

Over the weekend Eloise and I did a little cooking together. Well, I don't know if you'd call it cooking since there was no stove involved but there were ingredients and we did have a sweet treat in the end.
I used to eat Turkish Delight as a small child when my mother took me out to the mall and she'd buy it from the candy kiosks. Most people have heard of Turkish Delight from the famous Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe book. In case you don't know what it is, it's a very sticky jelly like candy that's coated in confectioners sugar.
I tried to make it once years ago which turned out to be a giant cooking fail. Mine ended up with constarch lumps. I had gone out and bought a candy thermometer and about $30 worth of ingredients which all ended up in the trash. I did get a candy thermometer out of the deal;-) But I never tried again until this weekend when I found this great YouTube video from Todd's Kitchen showing you how to make Turkish Delight in the microwave. Eloise was my little helper and let me tell you, this recipe is so easy she did most of the work. I also highly recommend using a much larger bowl than I did. Most of my mixture bubbled over and spilled onto the glass microwave plate.




1 {comments}:

tu-ki-mu said... Best Blogger Tips

Bravo u&Eloise ! great job :) cheers

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...